Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I love nieces and nephews!

I didn't run this weekend. There I said it. AHHHHHHHH. I didn't run one lick. Why? Because I spent all all all my time with Grady Thomas and Zoey Kathryn!  I don't regret one minute of it either! I ate donuts and candy w/ Zoey and we played and watched movies, and had tea, and had sleepovers and made cuppy cakes!. There was zero time for a run. Oh well! 

Am I going to run today? Answer.....NO! Today is my 2 year anniversary so I am going to go home and celebrate with Eric!

No I am not hardcore! There are many things in life that come before running for me! So this week and weekend run are going to be particularly hard for me b/c I need to get back into the swing of things!

So the weekend before last I ran 7 miles. I had planned on running 3 this past weekend and then running 8 this coming weekend. Not going to happen! So I think I will run on wed and thurs, cross train on fri, then do a 5 mile run on sat or sun.  Then next week I will get back on my schedule, 2 runs plus 2 cross trains per week, then 1 long run on the weekend.  I am hoping this is going to work out! If the runs go well I will do 8 miles next weekend.   I still have almost 2 months until my half marathon, so I think that should be just fine.

Why am I training so early? A few reasons. I love the Hal Higdon plan, and it says you only need to run 10 mi before the race. That is true and it works fine (I've done it!), but I like to get up to 15 or 16 and then I don't feel stressed on race day.  When race day gets here I know I can do 13.1 and them some!  Another reason is that random weekends like this past weekend come up where you can't fit in a run. Well if you start early enough you can account for these times. Life happens, what can I say. Is that about on the beam?  (I will be uber impressed if anyone gets this reference)  It's a long way back to Eden so don't sweat the small stuff! Another reason is that sometimes feet hurt, IT bands flare up, and you can scale down and scale back up accordingly when these things happen. When you start with too little time it's much harder to adjust for the random things. Life is both purpose and random, just not equal amounts of each :)

I'll keep you posted on how this week goes! Let's just say I am going to not run tonight and eat some delicious food and not worry about it! And I will certainly not weigh myself! hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment